Sunday, August 25, 2013

Scripture Sunday, 8-25-13

Pray for all people.
Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.
~1 Timothy 2:1, NLT~
 
 
I love the NLT translation of this verse. I keep coming back to it because it touches my heart and reminds me to think outside of myself.
 
 
Lord,
   Thank you for making a world full of diverse and beautiful people...various cultures...unique communities...and one of a kind individuals. Each nation, culture, and person brings something needed and beautiful to the table of world. Thank you for showcasing your creativity and different ways of approaching life through your creatures. Lord, I pray that the peoples of the earth would see Your face and be awakened to Your forgiveness and love for them. We cannot end wars, hunger and pain...but You can bring peace to the war that rages in their hearts, the hunger in their lonely souls and peace to the wounds of their spirits. Help them to see their need for You and the hand of forgiveness  You have already extended to them. Thank you that Your promises are for all people.

 
 


No comments: